HAVE A HEALTH QUESTION? CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
CHIRS – http://www.unmc.edu/library/consumer
1. Free to use by all Nebraskans
2. Full text access to health information to support Nebraska consumers in making informed health care decisions.
3. Health Science Librarians will research your condition and provide a tailored package of information.
4. Database of Nebraska health related support groups.
5. Lists healthcare institutions, public libraries and health science libraries, as well as regional and national consumer health Web sites.
MEDLINEPLUS – http://medlineplus.gov/nebraska
1. Offers consumers free online access to evaluated and authoritative health information.
2. Includes links to health professional references under each Health Topic
3. Contains the A.D.A.M.Encyclopedia, the Merriam Webster Mecdical Dictionary
4. Links to information covering over 10,000 prescription and over the counter drugs
5. Connects to interactive tutorials on health conditions and medical procedures
6. English and Spanish versions; some additional languages are included under Health Topics.