- This event has passed.
Gingerbread House Contest Entry Days
December 14 - December 15
Entry Days for Gingerbread House Contest
Entries must be delivered to the library in completed form by December 15, 2018
December 15-22, 2018
Hosted by Friends of the Valentine Public Library
Contest will run from December 15-22, 2018. There will be five divisions. The divisions are: Child 5-7; Child 8-11; Teen 12-18; Adult 18+ and Family/Mixed Age Group.
Here are the rules:
- Any gingerbread or edible structure is eligible for entry.
- Entries must be original—no gingerbread kits allowed.
- Entries must have been constructed in 2018.
- Entries must be freestanding and attached to a base measuring no larger than 18” x 18” x 18”.
- Gingerbread or edible structure must be the dominant feature of the entry.
- The majority of structure components must be edible.
- Entries can be delivered to the library in completed form starting December 14, 2018.
- All entries must be delivered to the library by December 15, 2018.
- The entries will be displayed from December 15, 2018 — December 22, 2018.
- All entries must be picked up by 3:00 p.m. on December 22, 2018.
- A prize will be awarded for each division as well as People’s Choice Award.
Please stop by the Valentine Public Library for further information.