- This event has passed.
Gingerbread House Contest Dec 11-16th
December 11, 2017 - December 16, 2017
Gingerbread House Contest
Entries must be delivered to the library in completed form by December 11, 2017
December 11-16, 2017
Hosted by Friends of the Valentine Public Library
The friends of the Valentine Public Library will be hosting a Gingerbread House Contest. There will be five divisions. The divisions are: Child 5-7; Child 8-11; Teen 12-18; Adult 18+ and Family/Mixed Age Group.
Here are the rules:
- Any gingerbread structure is eligible for entry.
- Entries must be original—no gingerbread kits allowed.
- Entries must have been constructed in 2017.
- Entries must be freestanding and attached to a base measuring no larger than 18” x 18” x 18”.
- Gingerbread structure must be the dominant feature of the entry.
- The majority of structure components must be edible.
- Entries must be delivered to the library in completed form by December 11, 2017
- The entries will be displayed from December 11, 2017 — December 15, 2017
- All entries must be picked up by library close on December 16, 2017.
- Judging will take place by December 13, 2017.
- A prize will be awarded for each division as well as People’s Choice Award.
Please stop by the Valentine Public Library for further information.